PRP Therapy For Hair Loss
Aesthetic Medicine Dubai | 13 November 2018
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy is an effective and proven treatment for hair loss. Blood is taken from a patient’s arm into a tube that contains a separation gel. The blood is placed in a centrifugal machine to separate the red blood cells from the plasma that contains the platelets.
The PRP containing a high concentration of platelets is then injected into areas of the scalp that show hair thinning. This stimulates hair growth by encouraging the rejuvenation of follicles and also extending the growth cycle of the hair.
Clinical data provides evidence that PRP also promotes healing by the release of cytokines and growth factors from the platelets into the areas being treated.
Aesthetic Medicine Dubai | 10 November 2018
Frequently the focus of cosmetic improvement is the face, yet one of the most age-telling body features neglected are our hands. The skin on the back of the hands is extremely thin and loss of fat padding shows quickly. Take away this cushion and all the structures in the hand show up, the tendons, bones and the veins.
The natural fat cushion that we are born with begins to lessen in our late twenties and early 30′s. By the time most of us approach 50, we have hands that tell the truth about our age and often they can actually make us seem older than we are!
Hand rejuvenation can restore the volume on the back of the hands that has been lost due to the natural ageing process via a very simple and convenient procedure. The treatment is highly effective and non time-consuming. It also delivers long-lasting results. Hand rejuvenation is safe, effective and extremely popular both for its immediate effectiveness and long duration.
Treating excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis)
Aesthetic Medicine Dubai | 5 November 2018
Excessive sweating is common and can affect the whole body or just certain areas. Sometimes it gets better with age but there are things you can do and treatments that can help.
What is excessive sweating?
It’s normal to sweat if you get hot or do exercise, but you may be sweating excessively if you’re sweating when your body doesn’t need to cool down. Excessive sweating can happen for no obvious reason, because of another condition you may have or as a side effect of medication you’re taking.
Things you can do to help with excessive sweating
wear loose-fitting clothes to minimise signs of sweating
wear socks that absorb moisture and change your socks at least twice a day if possible
wear leather shoes and try to wear different shoes day to day
wear tight clothes or man-made fabrics – for example, nylon
wear enclosed boots or sports shoes that may cause your feet to sweat more
do things that might make your sweating worse – for example, drinking alcohol or eating spicy food
Treatment with botulinum toxin temporarily blocks the nerves that cause sweating. Your skin will be iced or anesthetized first. Each affected area of your body will need several injections. The effects last six to 12 months, and then the treatment needs to be repeated. This treatment can be painful, and some people experience temporary muscle weakness in the treated area.
Male Breast Reduction Surgery
Male Breast Reduction Surgery Dubai | 26 October 2018
What is a Male Breast Reduction?
A male breast reduction is the most effective known treatment for gynecomastia, or enlarged male breasts. This cosmetic surgery procedure removes excess fat and glandular tissue to restore a flatter, firmer and more masculine contour to the chest.
Due to genetics, use of certain medications, or other unspecified reasons, some men develop the appearance of enlarged breasts. For example, it is estimated that up to 50% of men in the United States experience some degree of gynecomastia during their lifetime. Gynecomastia can present at any age, and male breast reduction can be performed safely and successfully on teenagers and adult men alike.
Why have a Male Breast Reduction?
While losing weight can help reduce the appearance of male breasts for some men, often times there is excess glandular tissue as well, causing even very lean patients to notice enlarged breasts. Currently, male breast reduction is the only consistently effective treatment for gynecomastia that has long lasting, if not permanent, results. Following this surgery, patients commonly say they feel comfortable going shirtless for the first time in years, and report an enhanced sense of self-confidence.
If you are uncomfortable or self-conscious about the appearance of your chest, or if you find yourself avoiding certain activities because you are afraid to show your chest, male breast reduction is an option to consider. With the help of a qualified cosmetic surgeon, the procedure offers dramatic, near immediate improvements with minimal scarring.
Tummy Tuck – Why have one?
Tummy Tuck Dubai | 22 October 2018
People have this surgery to take away extra skin and fat, or get a flatter tummy, often after pregnancy or gaining and losing weight. It can help rejoin the muscles of the abdominal wall if they have been pulled apart in the middle (known as ‘divarification of the recti’). Stretch marks can sometimes be cut away or tightened to make them less obvious. Ideally, your weight will be normal before the surgery. A tummy tuck is not for people who are overweight, or carried out in order to lose weight. For the right person, a tummy tuck can make a big difference to their confidence and quality of life.
A tummy tuck is an operation to remove extra skin, scars, stretch marks and fat from the tummy, and sometimes to tighten the tummy muscles.
Tummy Tuck Dubai | 17 October 2018
For the patient seeking abdominoplasty, there is a list of common desires: a desire to decrease loose, draping skin, have a tighter, flatter abdomen and improve the abdominal contour. It is well recognized that exercise and diet are the best strategies to ensure many of these goals. However, despite appropriate exercise and diet, certain groups of people cannot reach these desired goals. Weight loss can decrease the subcutaneous fat layer and intra-abdominal volume but cannot improve loose, draping skin. Also, pregnancy induces changes in the vertebra column, ribs and pelvis resulting in an enlargement in the transverse diameter of the abdomen. The tone of the musculoaponeurotic system may be weakened. In addition; operations on the abdominal wall and hernias may further weaken and partially denervate the musculoaponeurotic system. The standard abdominoplasty is one of many techniques used for abdominal aesthetic surgery. This procedure, which consists of dermolipectomy and musculoaponeurotic tightening, is extremely effective in re-storing the abdomen to its youthful shape in most patients.
Abdominoplasty is a safe and effective way to cut out the seemingly impossible-to-eliminate belly fat
Abdominoplasty Dubai | 7 October 2018
An abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) is a safe and effective way to cut out the seemingly impossible-to-eliminate belly fat that doesn’t respond to diet or exercise. However, oftentimes plastic surgery patients forget that abdominoplasty is still a surgery and requires a recovery period with plenty of rest. In fact, there are a few things you can do following a tummy tuck to help ensure you get the best results.
Consider adding these nine tips to your daily recovery routine after an abdominoplasty:
1. Eat a proper diet before and after surgery: It’s important before surgery that you are being mindful of what you put in your body to maintain your current bodyweight. You shouldn’t try to shed pounds immediately before your surgery date. In addition, you should continue your balanced diet during your recovery time to ensure you are feeding your body with the nutrients it needs while you heal.
2. Avoid infections: Every surgery comes with risks. But you can lessen your risks by preparing for surgery as I recommend and decreasing your exposure to germs and bacteria.
3. Prevent constipation: You should be informed prior to surgery about any constipation that can be caused by your pain medication. You may even be advised to purchase an over-the-counter stool softener in anticipation of constipation after surgery. However, you should be mindful of what you eat and avoid any foods that could cause constipation and additional pain after surgery.
4. Listen to your body as well as your doctor: Some patients can return to work just only one week post tummy tuck surgery. However, you may need some additional time to recover. Talk with me about the recommended time to stay home from work and listen to your body — if you don’t feel ready, give yourself more time to rest.
5. Prepare for needing help with mobility: You will not be able to walk fully for the first few days after abdominoplasty. Shuffling is better for you while you recover during those days, and you should sleep in a recliner in an upright position. In fact, you should have someone around to help you go to the bathroom for the first few days to assist you in sitting down and standing back up from the commode.
6. Rest your body: I may restrict your activities to ones only requiring minimal movements of your abdomen. You should not exercise and may walk only as much as you feel comfortable. Remember, it takes time to heal from surgery, and you don’t want to set back your recovery time by straining your muscles too early.
7. Expect some pain: After surgery, you can expect pain in your torso tissue as a result of the tightening of the abdominal musculature. You may feel uncomfortable and tender for a couple of weeks, and you can experience minor aches and pains for the full recovery time of a few months. However, if you feel there is too much pain or something doesn’t feel right, contact me right away.
8. Limit your recreational activities: You will have medications to help alleviate any pain you feel after surgery. I will reiterate the fact that mixing alcohol and strong prescription pain medication should be avoided. Talk to me about any questions you have regarding your pain medication and how you can avoid mixing anything with it.
9. Manage your expectations: Abdominoplasty surgery is not simple or easy. Recovery will take time, and you should manage your expectations to ensure you don’t set back your healing throughout the weeks and months ahead. Talk with me about what you can expect from your results during your pre-surgery consultation and any followup visits to keep your expectations in check. Preparing for your recovery ahead of time will help make the waiting for final results time easier and more manageable.
When to consider a Tummy Tuck
Tummy Tuck Dubai | 2 October 2018
After pregnancy or weight loss, excess skin and fat can distort the appearance of the abdomen. In particular, many women find that after their second child or after bearing twins, their muscles and skin do not return to their original appearance secondary to repeated stretch of the abdomen. The abdominoplasty, or “tummy tuck” procedure, creates a flatter, firmer abdomen by removing excess fat and skin, and tightening the abdominal muscles. You are a good candidate for a tummy tuck if you are at a stable weight and are physically healthy, you have realistic expectations, and you do not smoke.
Anatomy of the Abdomen
The abdominal wall consists of skin, fat, and muscle. The rectus abdominis muscles, whichform the “six pack” of muscles on the abdomen, are covered by a firm sheath called the rectus fascia. This fascial layer frequently weakens and stretches out with pregnancy and weight gain. As a result, once a patient loses weight or has her children, she may be left with laxity of the abdominal wall. During surgery , the fascial layer over the rectus abdominis muscles is tightened, and the excess skin and fat are removed.
Tummy Tuck steps
The abdominoplasty procedure is performed with a horizontal incision in the lower abdomen within the bikini line. In patients who have undergone a prior C-section, the incision can be made in the same location and extended to the sides. The rectus abdominis muscles of the abdomen are tightened, and the excess skin and fat are trimmed and redraped. Most abdominoplasty surgeries require repositioning of the umbilicus, or navel through a second incision. In the “mini” abdominoplasty procedure, lower abdominal muscle tightening with fat and skin removal are performed through a limited horizontal bikini incision only, without repositioning of the navel. The resulting scar is usually low on the abdomen, and therefore can be concealed within most bathing suits and clothing. Small drain tubes are placed with both techniques.
Breast Augmentation Recovery
Breast Augmentation Dubai | 1 October 2018
While breast augmentation recovery is not usually particularly painful, you will probably find moving around uncomfortable for at least three to five days. You’ll need to get up and walk around a little bit each day to keep blood clots from forming, but minimizing bending and twisting movements is important. (By not bending or twisting your abdomen, you’ll reduce the amount of stress placed on your incisions and thereby prevent tearing). As such, I recommend that my patients set up a designated “recovery area” where everything they need will be within easy reach. Your recovery area should include:
– Your bed, outfitted with extra pillows. You’ll want at least two or three additional pillows so that you can keep your head and feet propped up while you rest. Likewise, if you tend to roll over during the night, you should place pillows beside you to prevent you from doing so. Sleeping on your back is required while you’re recovering from breast implant surgery. (Laying on your stomach could cause your implants to move before the tissue around them has fully healed.)
– A selection of healthy, light snacks you can eat. Soft foods like bananas, applesauce, and pudding will prove especially helpful as you may be a bit nauseous after surgery. (Note that it’s a good idea to eat something right before you take your pain medication. Taking pain medication on an empty stomach can worsen nausea.)
– Several large water bottles. Staying hydrated is always important, but it’s especially necessary after surgery.
– Any medications you will need to take on a daily basis. If you take vitamins or supplements, you should also put them beside your bed.
– Any mobile devices you use regularly and their chargers. Make sure you can plug your devices in without bending down or having to reach below your bed.
– Enough entertainment to keep you occupied for at least a few days. Gather up your favorite books and decide on a selection of movies to watch while you recover. If you enjoy any light creative activities, like crocheting, knitting, or sketching, you may want to arrange some craft supplies near your bedside. By about day four, your head should be clear enough that you’ll find yourself wanting to keep busy.
DERMAL FILLERS: AN INSTANT WAY TO ERASE TELL-TALE LINES & WRINKLES
Fillers in Dubai | 25 September 2018
Dermal Fillers are popular and versatile anti-ageing injectable treatment that plumps, volumises and lifts the skin leaving it smooth, contoured and youthful. With instant results and no down-time it’s easy to understand why it’s one of our most popular anti-ageing treatments. The most popular treatment areas include:
Nose to Mouth Grooves (also known Nasal labial folds)
Mouth to chin (also known Marionette lines)
Frown Lines & Forehead Lines
Cheeks – to lift and volumise the whole face
Chin & Jaw line – to sculpt and define
Acne Pits & Scarring
Lip Lines – to fill lipstick lines, also know as smoker’s lines
Lip Filler – to define the vermillion boarder and add volume to the body of the lips.