Breast Augmentation Dubai | Dr Matteo Vigo
Breast enlargement, known as augmentation mammoplasty, can enhance the body contour of a woman who is unhappy with her breast size. This procedure may also be used to improve the loss of breast volume following pregnancy and nursing. Additionally, the operation may help balance breast asymmetries. Silicone gel implants may be surgically implanted by standard routes with placement either above or below the chest muscle. The standard routes are periareolar (around the areola), inframammary (lower breast folds) and transaxillary (arm pits). Dr Vigo always suggests one of the first 2 incision for better putcomes.
The implant is composed of an outer flexible, silicone shell and filled with silicone gel. The outer surface may be smooth or textured. Implants also have various sizes, profiles and shapes to meet the individual needs of each woman.
While breast augmentation will enlarge the breasts, the surgery will not alter underlying basic defects in breast shape and form. Major asymmetries may be improved but will not be completely corrected with breast enlargement alone. A noticeable difference in the size, shape or orientation of the two breasts is considered normal and is actually the rule. If breast size and/or nipple position asymmetries are severe, additional procedures to further improve symmetry may be necessary.
Long term experience with breast enhancement surgery has demonstrated that this operation has a high patient satisfaction rate.
Who is a Candidate?
- Women who want larger breasts.
- Women who want to improve their breast shape.
- Healthy women without connective tissue diseases.
- Healthy women without breast malignancy.
- Larger and shapelier breasts.
- Less asymmetry and size difference.
- Breast Augmentation is usually performed in an accredited surgical facility under general anesthesia or conscious sedation with local anesthesia.
- Surgical scar(s) are usually hidden as much as possible in skin folds.
- Saline or silicone implants may be placed either above or below the chest muscle.
Recuperation and Healing
- Discomfort is controlled with oral medications and long-acting local anesthesia.
- A soft bra or compression garment is usually worn for several days postoperatively.
- Patients are usually discharged to the care of a responsible adult and recover at home.
- All sutures are usually removed in 1-2 weeks.
- Light activity may be resumed in 7 days. Sports activities may be resumed in 3-6 weeks (depending on your surgeon).
- Breast lift — if sagging is an issue.
- Areolar reduction.
Breast Augmentation Dubai – The specific risks and suitability of this procedure for a given individual can be determined only at the time of consultation with your cosmetic surgeon. All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally. Major complications are unusual.