BUM LIFTING & RESHAPING
PLASTIC SURGERY DUBAI | 17 January 2024
As you age, the skin on your buttock changes; it can start to become loose and sag. You may also find that the same thing happens after significant weight loss.
Exercise can, of course, help strengthen and improve the toning of your muscles in the buttock area, but it can’t fix excess skin that has lost its elasticity. This can affect not just your body confidence, but also the clothes you choose to wear. Buttock lift surgery aims to create a smoother, more contoured buttock shape.
Excess skin and fat from aging, heredity factors, or after dramatic weight loss in the gluteal area can be drastically improved with a buttock lift. Not to be confused with a “Brazilian butt lift,” which adds volume using fat transfer, this procedure involves only removing skin and fat through surgical excision and liposuction. Every year, thousands of people undergo successful buttock-lift surgery and are pleased with the results. You should consider a buttock lift:
– If you have loose, sagging skin and extra fat in your buttocks
– If you recently experienced dramatic weight loss and are close to your
– If your gluteal area makes you feel self-conscious
– If excess fat or skin make you uncomfortable or cause mobility problems
– If your self-confidence would improve from such a procedure
BUTTOCK LIFT CONSIDERATIONS
– Your buttock area will look smoother and more toned.
– The results will be long-lasting.
– Any discomfort caused by excess skin will be alleviated.
– Full recovery could take several months.
– Future weight fluctuations can affect results.
– The procedure could result in loss of volume in the buttocks.
These are the top three pros and cons to weigh when considering a butt lift.
ARE YOU A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR A BUTT LIFT?
Excess skin and fat in the gluteal area can add bulk and frustrate your efforts to achieve a slimmer, more sculpted body through weight loss. If any of these conditions apply to you, then you might be a good candidate for buttock lift:
– You have undergone bariatric surgery or significant weight loss through
– Pregnancy and/or aging have left you with loose skin and cellulite
below the waistline.
– You have significant skin laxity, excess skin, and ptosis (sagginess) of
– The layers of fat below your loose skin are relatively thin.
– You do not smoke. Smoking slows down the healing process and
increases the risk of serious complications during and after surgery. If
you smoke, you must quit at least six weeks before surgery.
– Your weight has been stable for at least a year, with no further weight
– You are in overall good health without chronic medical conditions,
such as diabetes or heart disease. People in poor health are not good
candidates for body contouring procedures.
– You have a healthy diet. Problems such as protein deficiencies can
interfere with healing.
– If you are in good general health and have a positive attitude and
realistic expectations, you are most likely a good candidate for this
HOW IS A BUTTOCK LIFT PROCEDURE PERFORMED?
There are many techniques and approaches, but generally:
– Dr. Vigo will make an incision at the top of the buttocks, in the hips,
groin, or under the buttock cheeks to remove excess skin and pull the
remaining skin taut.
– Liposuction may be used to further contour the buttock area or thighs
to achieve a balanced look.
– Any incisions are sutured and closed in layers to ensure that the skin
– Drains and dressings are placed and usually a compression garment or
girdle is worn to reduce swelling and tighten the skin.
WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS?
Depending on the quality of your skin, how much excess there is to remove, and your body shape, your surgeon will determine what options are open to you. If there is a large amount of skin to remove, you may consider having a lower body lift, which would help remove skin around other areas of the body, including the stomach, buttock, thighs and hips. If removing the skin will result in a loss of volume to the buttock, a buttock augmentation might be appropriate following a buttock lift.
WHAT WILL MY BUTTOCK LIFT INCISIONS AND SCARS BE LIKE?
Incisions for a butt lift could include a large incision on the top of the buttocks in the back or hidden underneath the buttock by the crease. If liposuction is involved, there will be smaller scars that will fade and be mostly unnoticeable.
A BRAZILIAN BUTT LIFT
A Brazilian butt lift is a popular cosmetic procedure that involves the transfer of fat to help create more fullness in your backside. If you’ve heard of a Brazilian butt lift and are curious about more permanent results than exercise alone, read more about the procedure and how to find a reputable provider to make sure it’s done safely. Benefits of a Brazilian butt lift include:
1. The procedure will improve your body’s proportions
2. Brazilian butt lifts reduce fat pockets in other parts of your body
3. Brazilian butt lifts have a natural look and feel
4. You’ll get quick results
5. Your clothing will be more flattering
6. It’s a safe form of butt enhancement
7. Cellulite is less visible
Brazilian butt-lift procedure
A Brazilian butt lift consists of fat grafting that is notable for its natural-looking results. The procedure involves the following steps:
The procedure is usually performed under anesthesia, but in procedures where a smaller volume of fat is transferred, it may be done with only local anesthesia (numbing medication). You may ask for an anti-nausea medication beforehand, especially if anesthesia makes you sick.
Dr. Vigo then uses liposuction to remove fat from other areas of your body, such as your hips, stomach, and thighs. Liposuction itself involves making incisions in the skin, and then using a tube to remove fat from the body.
The fat stores that have just been removed from your body are purified and readied for injection into your buttocks.
Dr. Vigo finishes by injecting the processed fat into specific areas of the buttocks to create a more rounded, full look. They make three to five incisions around the buttocks for fat transfers.
Both liposuction and fat transfer incisions are closed up with stitches. Your surgeon then applies a compression garment against the affected areas of skin to minimize your risk of bleeding.
Brazilian butt-lift surgery benefits
Unlike other forms of buttock surgery, such as placement of silicone buttock implants, a Brazilian butt lift is touted for providing more natural-looking results while also creating more roundness in your backside.
It can also help address certain issues, such as the sagging and shapelessness that sometimes occur with age. You might also consider the procedure if you’re bothered by figure imbalances that make it difficult to wear clothing comfortably.
Brazilian butt-lift recovery and outlook
Like any cosmetic surgery, you’ll need to take special care after a Brazilian butt lift. You won’t be able to sit on your butt for two weeks following surgery, and you’ll need to sleep on your side or on your stomach until the area has completely healed.
Your buttocks may be swollen for several weeks as you recover from surgery.
Overall, the effects of this surgery last several months to years.
Initially, you may need more than one procedure until you achieve the exact results you want. It can also take up to six months before you see full results from the initial procedure.
Who is a good candidate for a Brazilian butt lift?
It’s always a good idea to check with a cosmetic surgeon before considering a Brazilian butt lift. They might give you the go-ahead if you:
– lost your natural shape due to age or weight fluctuations
– don’t feel comfortable in your clothes
– have enough fat stores in your hips and other areas for grafting
– are a nonsmoker
– are at a healthy weight
– lead a healthy lifestyle overall, which includes regular exercise
– haven’t had any recent infections or complications related to surgery
Brazilian butt lift vs. Sculptra butt lift, silicone implants, and liposuction
Butt augmentations are on the rise, but this doesn’t mean your choices stop at the Brazilian butt lift. Consider discussing the following options with your provider:
Sculptra butt lift. Sculptra is a type of dermal filler used to plump up the skin due to natural losses of volume with age. The filler is most often used for facial wrinkles, but may be considered for use along with a Brazilian butt lift for maximum volume. Use of Sculptra in the buttocks is considered off-label use by the FDA.
Silicone butt implants. As the name suggests, this procedure involves the use of silicone implants placed in your buttocks. It’s much more invasive than the Brazilian butt lift, although sometimes the two procedures are used together. Silicone implants carry the long-term risk of displacement, so you will likely need to get the surgery done again at some point in the future.
Liposuction. If you have excess fat stores in the gluteal area, sometimes a surgeon will recommend removing them as a way to create more roundness. This procedure focuses on fat removal only, not the transfer of fat used in a Brazilian butt lift.
Never use silicone or hydrogel injections for a butt lift. Such injections fail to deliver the same results. But more importantly, the FDA has warned against their use due to cases of severe side effects and death.