Abdominoplasty – 5 Essential Tummy Tuck Recovery Tips
Abdominoplasty Dubai | 14 October 2018
The abdominoplasty / tummy tuck procedure is one of the more intensive body contouring procedures, but it can transform your midsection to create a tight and toned look. Many women who have undergone multiple pregnancies get a tummy tuck in Dubai to restore their pre-pregnancy figure, but we also perform this type of surgery on weight loss patients that want to get rid of the extra skin that tends to stick around the midsection, as well as patients that have a protruding stomach due to a weakened or stretched abdominal wall. You must follow my post-op instructions carefully to ensure optimal results.
Here are five essential tummy tuck recovery tips:
1. Eat a healthy and well-balanced diet. You need your body to heal as quickly as possible after a body contouring procedure so it’s important that you eat plenty of nutritious foods. Eat protein-rich foods like salmon and chicken, and make sure to add some healthy fat to your diet so that your skin can recover and heal properly.
2. Start walking. You will be limited to walking for exercise after tummy tuck surgery so plan on heading outside for a 20 to 30-minute walk each day, or hitting the treadmill for a light walk. Walking is great for circulation and can support the recovery process after surgery.
3. Change your sleeping position. Sleeping in an inclined position will reduce pressure and stress on the abdominal area. Use large body pillows to support your body and help you maintain the right position while sleeping.
4. Wear recommended compression garments. You will experience a significant amount of swelling around the treated area for weeks after the procedure. I may recommend you wear a girdle or binder to support the healing process — even while you sleep. This can help manage some of the swelling and also help with skin re-draping after surgery.
5. Stay hydrated. You need to drink plenty of water before and after your procedure to help your body flush out toxins and also reduce the risk of complications. Get into a routine of drinking plenty of water throughout the day to prevent dehydration and support your recovery.
I can provide you with more information about the recovery process during your abdominoplasty / tummy tuck consultation.
Abdominoplasty is a safe and effective way to cut out the seemingly impossible-to-eliminate belly fat
Abdominoplasty Dubai | 7 October 2018
An abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) is a safe and effective way to cut out the seemingly impossible-to-eliminate belly fat that doesn’t respond to diet or exercise. However, oftentimes plastic surgery patients forget that abdominoplasty is still a surgery and requires a recovery period with plenty of rest. In fact, there are a few things you can do following a tummy tuck to help ensure you get the best results.
Consider adding these nine tips to your daily recovery routine after an abdominoplasty:
1. Eat a proper diet before and after surgery: It’s important before surgery that you are being mindful of what you put in your body to maintain your current bodyweight. You shouldn’t try to shed pounds immediately before your surgery date. In addition, you should continue your balanced diet during your recovery time to ensure you are feeding your body with the nutrients it needs while you heal.
2. Avoid infections: Every surgery comes with risks. But you can lessen your risks by preparing for surgery as I recommend and decreasing your exposure to germs and bacteria.
3. Prevent constipation: You should be informed prior to surgery about any constipation that can be caused by your pain medication. You may even be advised to purchase an over-the-counter stool softener in anticipation of constipation after surgery. However, you should be mindful of what you eat and avoid any foods that could cause constipation and additional pain after surgery.
4. Listen to your body as well as your doctor: Some patients can return to work just only one week post tummy tuck surgery. However, you may need some additional time to recover. Talk with me about the recommended time to stay home from work and listen to your body — if you don’t feel ready, give yourself more time to rest.
5. Prepare for needing help with mobility: You will not be able to walk fully for the first few days after abdominoplasty. Shuffling is better for you while you recover during those days, and you should sleep in a recliner in an upright position. In fact, you should have someone around to help you go to the bathroom for the first few days to assist you in sitting down and standing back up from the commode.
6. Rest your body: I may restrict your activities to ones only requiring minimal movements of your abdomen. You should not exercise and may walk only as much as you feel comfortable. Remember, it takes time to heal from surgery, and you don’t want to set back your recovery time by straining your muscles too early.
7. Expect some pain: After surgery, you can expect pain in your torso tissue as a result of the tightening of the abdominal musculature. You may feel uncomfortable and tender for a couple of weeks, and you can experience minor aches and pains for the full recovery time of a few months. However, if you feel there is too much pain or something doesn’t feel right, contact me right away.
8. Limit your recreational activities: You will have medications to help alleviate any pain you feel after surgery. I will reiterate the fact that mixing alcohol and strong prescription pain medication should be avoided. Talk to me about any questions you have regarding your pain medication and how you can avoid mixing anything with it.
9. Manage your expectations: Abdominoplasty surgery is not simple or easy. Recovery will take time, and you should manage your expectations to ensure you don’t set back your healing throughout the weeks and months ahead. Talk with me about what you can expect from your results during your pre-surgery consultation and any followup visits to keep your expectations in check. Preparing for your recovery ahead of time will help make the waiting for final results time easier and more manageable.
When to consider a Tummy Tuck
Tummy Tuck Dubai | 2 October 2018
After pregnancy or weight loss, excess skin and fat can distort the appearance of the abdomen. In particular, many women find that after their second child or after bearing twins, their muscles and skin do not return to their original appearance secondary to repeated stretch of the abdomen. The abdominoplasty, or “tummy tuck” procedure, creates a flatter, firmer abdomen by removing excess fat and skin, and tightening the abdominal muscles. You are a good candidate for a tummy tuck if you are at a stable weight and are physically healthy, you have realistic expectations, and you do not smoke.
Anatomy of the Abdomen
The abdominal wall consists of skin, fat, and muscle. The rectus abdominis muscles, whichform the “six pack” of muscles on the abdomen, are covered by a firm sheath called the rectus fascia. This fascial layer frequently weakens and stretches out with pregnancy and weight gain. As a result, once a patient loses weight or has her children, she may be left with laxity of the abdominal wall. During surgery , the fascial layer over the rectus abdominis muscles is tightened, and the excess skin and fat are removed.
Tummy Tuck steps
The abdominoplasty procedure is performed with a horizontal incision in the lower abdomen within the bikini line. In patients who have undergone a prior C-section, the incision can be made in the same location and extended to the sides. The rectus abdominis muscles of the abdomen are tightened, and the excess skin and fat are trimmed and redraped. Most abdominoplasty surgeries require repositioning of the umbilicus, or navel through a second incision. In the “mini” abdominoplasty procedure, lower abdominal muscle tightening with fat and skin removal are performed through a limited horizontal bikini incision only, without repositioning of the navel. The resulting scar is usually low on the abdomen, and therefore can be concealed within most bathing suits and clothing. Small drain tubes are placed with both techniques.
Breast Augmentation Recovery
Breast Augmentation Dubai | 1 October 2018
While breast augmentation recovery is not usually particularly painful, you will probably find moving around uncomfortable for at least three to five days. You’ll need to get up and walk around a little bit each day to keep blood clots from forming, but minimizing bending and twisting movements is important. (By not bending or twisting your abdomen, you’ll reduce the amount of stress placed on your incisions and thereby prevent tearing). As such, I recommend that my patients set up a designated “recovery area” where everything they need will be within easy reach. Your recovery area should include:
– Your bed, outfitted with extra pillows. You’ll want at least two or three additional pillows so that you can keep your head and feet propped up while you rest. Likewise, if you tend to roll over during the night, you should place pillows beside you to prevent you from doing so. Sleeping on your back is required while you’re recovering from breast implant surgery. (Laying on your stomach could cause your implants to move before the tissue around them has fully healed.)
– A selection of healthy, light snacks you can eat. Soft foods like bananas, applesauce, and pudding will prove especially helpful as you may be a bit nauseous after surgery. (Note that it’s a good idea to eat something right before you take your pain medication. Taking pain medication on an empty stomach can worsen nausea.)
– Several large water bottles. Staying hydrated is always important, but it’s especially necessary after surgery.
– Any medications you will need to take on a daily basis. If you take vitamins or supplements, you should also put them beside your bed.
– Any mobile devices you use regularly and their chargers. Make sure you can plug your devices in without bending down or having to reach below your bed.
– Enough entertainment to keep you occupied for at least a few days. Gather up your favorite books and decide on a selection of movies to watch while you recover. If you enjoy any light creative activities, like crocheting, knitting, or sketching, you may want to arrange some craft supplies near your bedside. By about day four, your head should be clear enough that you’ll find yourself wanting to keep busy.
DERMAL FILLERS: AN INSTANT WAY TO ERASE TELL-TALE LINES & WRINKLES
Fillers in Dubai | 25 September 2018
Dermal Fillers are popular and versatile anti-ageing injectable treatment that plumps, volumises and lifts the skin leaving it smooth, contoured and youthful. With instant results and no down-time it’s easy to understand why it’s one of our most popular anti-ageing treatments. The most popular treatment areas include:
Nose to Mouth Grooves (also known Nasal labial folds)
Mouth to chin (also known Marionette lines)
Frown Lines & Forehead Lines
Cheeks – to lift and volumise the whole face
Chin & Jaw line – to sculpt and define
Acne Pits & Scarring
Lip Lines – to fill lipstick lines, also know as smoker’s lines
Lip Filler – to define the vermillion boarder and add volume to the body of the lips.
FULL, NATURAL-LOOKING, BEAUTIFUL LIPS…
Fillers in Dubai | 22 September 2018
Lip Fillers, also known as Lip Augmentation or Lip Injections, are a popular treatment which addresses many lip concerns.
Increases fullness of thin lips.
Enhances lip definition
Creates a more defined smile
Give the mouth area a youthful, rejuvenated appearance
Dermal fillers are also effective for smoothing out ‘Lipstick Lines’ or ‘Smokers Lines’ around the mouth, as well as other troublesome areas on the face.
There are many reasons why people are unhappy with the shape and size of their lips. For some their lips have started to appear thinner and less defined as a result of the natural ageing process. For others their lips have always been narrow with a less pronounced cupid’s bow. Make-up can create the illusion for fuller lips, however many lipsticks are prone to smudging, distorting and bleeding into the vertical lines known as ‘lipstick lines’ above the mouth.
My lip fillers have been specifically developed to enhance the natural pattern of your lips, helping you achieve more defined, beautifully shaped, bigger lips. My semi-permanent fillers are a manmade, non-animal gel that mimics the body’s natural hyaluronic acid, giving safe, long-lasting and natural looking results.
There are many lip fillers on the market that are substandard in terms of ingredients and quality. I only use the most advanced temporary lip filler range available.
BENEFITS OF LIP FILLERS
Lip Fillers lend volume and definition to lips, producing a sensual, more pronounced pout.
Gives a more youthful, rejuvenated appearance
Can help turn the corners of the mouth upwards
The treatment is non-invasive with virtually no recovery time necessary; you can resume your normal activities immediately after treatment.
Non-permanent and will naturally break down.
Suitable for Vegans
The treatment can be tailored to your needs providing a natural look.
What is hyaluronic acid?
Fillers in Dubai | 20 September 2018
Hyaluronic acid, also known as also known as Hyaluronan, Hyaluronate or HA is a natural substance that is found in our body. Its main job is to attract and hold large quantities of moisture and is able to hold up to 1000 times its own weight in water which helps to hydrate the skin. It also acts as an antioxidant and removes unstable free radicals from the skin. Hyaluronic acid is also great at maintaining skin elasticity, cushioning the joints and nerve tissues and its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory functions are able to maintain the fluid in the tissues of the eye.
50 percent of hyaluronic acid is found in your skin and it is able to plump out the skin reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. As we age the production of hyaluronic acid in our body slows down which as a result can affect the appearance and texture of our skin.
Hyaluronic acid can be injected into the dermis of the skin to fill and plump areas of the face which is known as dermal filler treatment.
What Areas can Dermal Fillers treat
Fillers in Dubai | 16 September 2018
As skin ages, it loses elasticity and becomes less supple resulting in lips losing their fullness, lines appearing particularly around the mouth and nose area, and cheeks looking sunken and hollow. Others find themselves unhappy with the general volume in certain areas of the face, but don’t necessarily like the idea of a surgical procedure.
Dermal Fillers are popular non-invasive treatments that make it possible to restore volume to hollowed areas, to contour your face and to tackle fine lines and wrinkles. Dermal Fillers can add definition to your face and are particularly effective in creating more prominent cheeks, fuller lips and a fresher smoother appearance.
Dermal Filers Areas treated:
Under the eyes (Tear Trough)
Cheeks (create a fuller cheek or a high cheek bone look)
Lips (Vermillion border and lip augmentation)
Lip Lines (Smoker’s Lines) plumper and fuller lips
Nose to mouth lines (Naso-labial folds)
Mouth to Chin lines (Marionette lines)
Chin (defined chin with fillers)
Nose (Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty / non surgical nose job)
If you’re considering using Dermal Fillers to regain fullness or volume in the cheeks, lips, or around your face, your most important consideration should always be safety, the expertise of your practitioner and the products being used. All of which will be discussed fully in your consultation, my priority is YOU.
HOW LONG DO DERMAL FILLERS LAST?
Fillers in Dubai | 13 September 2018
Dermal fillers are injected with tiny needles into the dermis or just below the dermis, depending on the area being augmented. Little or no pain is experienced because local topical anesthesia can be administered prior to the injections. Most of the top hyaluronic acid fillers available on the market today now include the freezing agent lidocaine in them, so freezing and the injections can happen all in the same step. The anaesthesia is also useful for decreasing any bruising that might occur. Slight swelling and mild irritation can be expected, but any potential client should not dismiss injectable fillers for this reason, as the results outweigh the minimal discomfort. As the initial swelling subsides, the outcome should be exactly what clients expect when injected by a reputable and licensed professional. All fillers will maintain the desired effect for at least 6 months, with some products lasting up to 7 years!
The duration of the filler varies from patient to patient before the body eventually breaks it down and metabolizes it.
Choosing The Right Type Of Dermal Filler
Fillers in Dubai | 11 September 2018
The area(s) of treatment are important when selecting the right type of filler product. Single treatment areas like the lips, eyes, or cheeks allow for the election of area-specific products. Teosyal by Teoxane offers an extensive range of products like Teosyal Kiss, which is specifically formulated for the delicate lip area. Teosyal also has Redensity l or ll for the eye area. The Teosyal product range is a preferred choice of dermal fillers because Teosyal dermal fillers contain hyaluronic acid compounds that are specifically formulated for exclusive areas on the face.
The condition of the skin prior to injection will regulate the amount of dermal filler that will be required along with the injection techniques that will be exercised.. The depth of wrinkles along with the patient’s age and lifestyle are determining factors in selecting the appropriate filler product for patients. Other factors include sun damage, irregularities like pigmentation, discoloration, moles, scars, and other visible signs of skin damage. These all play a role in which treatments should be used.
Dermal fillers are an ongoing anti-ageing regimen. Patients who regularly maintain their filler injections in a timely manner consequently end up with natural results with long-lasting effects. One of the most important elements in maintaining consistent dermal filler results is to have the treated area re-injected prior to the product being fully absorbed by the body. Typically, 4 weeks prior to the “lasting” period is ideal for the re-injection of pre-existing sites. For example, if your lip filler product lasts 6 months, then it is advisable to schedule a follow up appointment to get re-injected at about 5 months after the initial injection. People who regularly receive dermal fillers will require less product overtime because the body will become accustomed to the increased production of collagen and will continue to produce extra collagen to support the areas that have been injected with dermal fillers.