THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE HAVING LIP FILLERS
Fillers in Dubai | 9 August 2023
Each individual is unique. This includes differences in risk factors, genetics, metabolism, lip structure, and cosmetic aspirations. Do not contrast your lip, architecture, or volume with anyone else’s; instead, be proud of your individuality! It’s what sets us apart.
How long does it take?
– 10 minutes of topical numbing
– 10 minutes of procedure
Is it painful?
– Most clients have minimal discomfort, on a scale of 1-10, they are a 2-3. This is less painful than laser hair-removal, thanks to our unique numbing technique!
How swollen will I be?
– Everyone is different, some people swell up while others do not, swelling depends on multiple factors. Just because you didn’t swell one time, does not mean you will not swell the next time you do a treatment. Sometimes an anti-swelling medication will be given after your injection. I can address this at the time of the visit. Major swelling typically lasts less than 4 days on average, while minor residual swelling can last 14-21 days.
What about bruises?
– Some people are pre-disposed to bruise, avoiding vitamins, alcohol, and ibuprofen type products can decrease the chances of a bruise. Bruising comes in three sizes: Small (like the tip of a needle), medium (like the back of pencil eraser or two pencils erasers), and large (gum-ball sized). Depending on the type of bruise they can last 2-3 days or up to 2 weeks respectively. Arnika pills can be purchased during your visit that can help heal bruises. From time to time a laser can be used to speed up the process if warranted for specific cases.
How long does it last?
– Typically lip injections last 6 months depending on multiple factors including product used. I’ve seen people that have had fillers lasting as little as 2 months and as much as 1 year.