Abdominoplasty – 5 Essential Tummy Tuck Recovery Tips
Abdominoplasty Dubai | 12 June 2020
The abdominoplasty / tummy tuck procedure is one of the more intensive body contouring procedures, but it can transform your midsection to create a tight and toned look. Many women who have undergone multiple pregnancies get a tummy tuck in Dubai to restore their pre-pregnancy figure, but we also perform this type of surgery on weight loss patients that want to get rid of the extra skin that tends to stick around the midsection, as well as patients that have a protruding stomach due to a weakened or stretched abdominal wall. You must follow my post-op instructions carefully to ensure optimal results.
Here are five essential tummy tuck recovery tips:
1. Eat a healthy and well-balanced diet. You need your body to heal as quickly as possible after a body contouring procedure so it’s important that you eat plenty of nutritious foods. Eat protein-rich foods like salmon and chicken, and make sure to add some healthy fat to your diet so that your skin can recover and heal properly.
2. Start walking. You will be limited to walking for exercise after tummy tuck surgery so plan on heading outside for a 20 to 30-minute walk each day, or hitting the treadmill for a light walk. Walking is great for circulation and can support the recovery process after surgery.
3. Change your sleeping position. Sleeping in an inclined position will reduce pressure and stress on the abdominal area. Use large body pillows to support your body and help you maintain the right position while sleeping.
4. Wear recommended compression garments. You will experience a significant amount of swelling around the treated area for weeks after the procedure. I may recommend you wear a girdle or binder to support the healing process — even while you sleep. This can help manage some of the swelling and also help with skin re-draping after surgery.
5. Stay hydrated. You need to drink plenty of water before and after your procedure to help your body flush out toxins and also reduce the risk of complications. Get into a routine of drinking plenty of water throughout the day to prevent dehydration and support your recovery.
I can provide you with more information about the recovery process during your abdominoplasty / tummy tuck consultation.