Tummy Tuck – Getting Advice
Tummy Tuck Dubai | 31 May 2019
What to think about and do before you decide to have a tummy tuck.
– Think about what you want to change and research the different types of tummy tuck procedures. Understanding the procedures might help you to manage your expectations around what you want and what can realistically be attained.
– Have a thorough consultation with your cosmetic surgeon. Your consultation is a great opportunity to get more advice and answers to questions. In the lead up to your consultation, it will help to write any questions down as and when you think of them so you don’t forget. If you go to a clinic and see a ‘counsellor’ or ‘advisor’, make sure you also see the surgeon who will do your operation before signing up.
– Take time to reflect before you make a final decision. The decision to have this treatment must be yours. Don’t feel pressured or be influenced by anyone else. If you need more time, take it.
– Think about your care after your operation. Will there be someone around to help you with your day-to-day responsibilities – taking the dog for a walk or lifting things around the house? This will be particularly important if you have any problems after surgery.
When you see the surgeon to discuss having a tummy tuck, there are quite a lot of areas to cover. The surgeon should:
– fully explain the procedure, including telling you about the recovery period and what to expect
– make sure that you understand what it is possible to achieve and that you don’t have unrealistic expectations
– explain all possible risks and complications
– tell you if there are other options for you, whether surgical or non-surgical